The CMF is in search of an Industry and Market Trends Analyst to join its team in the Montréal office (one-year contract – maternity leave replacement).
The mandate of the Industry and Market Trends department within the CMF is to monitor the evolution of the audiovisual and digital industry and to provide producers, distributors and decision-makers with information on the trends that are shaping the Canadian and international markets. The department also acts as an initiatives development unit, opening up new areas of activity for the CMF and creating strategic partnerships that can have a structural impact on the organization’s policy-making, program design and current activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Proactively research, filter and analyze information and data to produce weekly and semi-annual reports on the major trends that have an impact on the media content production and distribution industry;
- Keep data aggregation, filtering and classification tools up-to-date and strictly ensure ease of access to research data;
- Coordinate research partnerships: administer agreements; organize preliminary meetings with researchers; analyze versions and data; coordinate release in collaboration with the CMF’s Marketing and Communications team;
- Stay current on initiatives in the digital media and innovation field and on available funding sources;
- Efficiently collate research data and prepare analysis documents, presentations and reports to support the CMF’s management team;
- Coordinate special projects: oversee operations for the successful completion of these special projects.
The ideal candidate with have the following abilities, experience and skills:
- Bilingualism (English and French) required;
- University degree in project management related to the media sector: communications, production or a related field, or academic training/equivalent work experience;
- 3 to 5 years of practical experience in the media sector (television or digital media);
- In-depth knowledge of the television and digital media industries, their infrastructure and related issues (in particular technology, uses, business practices and the competitive market);
- Practical experience in project management and partnerships (logistics operations, production schedules, management of deliverables, among others);
- Knowledge of the private funding/risk capital sector. Knowledge of the environment surrounding innovation and technology start-ups would also be a major asset;
- Broad knowledge of research engines and other Web tools used in researching, sorting and classifying various information sources (i.e., Evernote, Outlook RSS, Pocket, Feed.ly, among others);
- Excellent analytical skills and advanced skills in interpreting complex data;
- Creative and versatile mind focused on results and problem-solving;
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment in which uncertainty and growth go hand in hand;
- The position involves travel, generally between Montréal and Toronto.
To respond to this job opportunity, forward your résumé and a cover letter in French and English, no later than October 26, 2018 to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Canada Media Fund welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. The CMF thanks all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.