The CMF is seeking a highly creative and motivated Digital Content Specialist to fill a permanent position in its Toronto office. Reporting to the VP of Communications and Promotions, this new position creates and oversees the design, editing and strategic deployment of various types of promotional content intended to support the social channels of CMF’s suite of public-facing brands, including the corporate channels, MADE | NOUS, Encore+ and CMF Trends. Original content development includes, but is not limited to short-form copy, video assets, social media posts, static visual assets, infographics, social ads, and more.
The successful candidate will be the CMF’s digital storyteller and a key contributor to the CMF’s Communications team in the development of social media strategies across its various brands and channels. This role will ensure that all social content portrays the CMF as an innovative and creative voice in the industry; celebrates Canada’s exceptional creative talent and content; maintains and elevates the organization’s extraordinary reputation; and illustrates its core values and commitments to transparency, diversity and reconciliation.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Project Management / Content Creation / Measurement (80%):
- Strategize, develop, create, edit and evaluate content, specifically visual static and video assets, to support CMF’s content strategy across its various platforms and brands.
- Proactively make recommendations and enhancements to improve content, strategies and editorial calendars.
- Work with the Communications team and internal clients to ensure the timely execution of effective digital content for marketing-communications activities and brand awareness.
- Write and edit short-form copy for social channels and ensure information is accurate, relevant and timely, while using an authentic tone/voice.
- Review content developed by internal and external partners for consistency of message and quality.
- Monitor performance and report on KPIs for content initiatives (e.g. post/reach engagement, audience, video views, and conversion rates, among other metrics).
- Identify opportunities and improvements to drive an increase in audience reach and engagement.
- Follow and track the use of social media by equivalent organizations and identify opportunities for cross-industry content promotion, as well as the sharing of lessons, opportunities and best practices.
- Create and manage social media calendars that incorporate all of the organization’s brands, key audience segments and social media channels.
- Ensure content is aligned with brand’s voice, tone and persona, and that it complies with legal, copyright and user/client privacy requirements.
Relationship Management (10%):
- Cultivate and maintain constructive relationships with peers in equivalent organizations in the Canadian screen-based sector.
- Cultivate and maintain constructive relationships with external vendors and agencies.
- Cultivate and maintain constructive relationships with the rest of the Communications team to identify opportunities for synergies and message amplification between owned, earned and paid media initiatives.
- Develop and administer content asset catalogue.
- Identify new best practices and standards, and create new processes to exchange information with team members.
- Understand requirements and uphold overall compliance to digital policies, procedures, and brand guidelines, escalating as needed.
- Manage internal social media training documentation and recommendations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Minimum five years’ experience and demonstrated success in content development, community building and campaign management on all current social media platforms.
- Must be an excellent digital storyteller who’s captivated by influencing user behaviour, driving traffic, increasing brand awareness, and social engagement.
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian entertainment industry, with a focus on television, film and digital media.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized post-secondary institution in Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design or Advertising with a social media focus is required.
- Demonstrated ability to produce creative content including GIFs, graphic illustrations, Instagram stories, live-action, stop-motion, time-lapse and/or animated videos. Experience managing external vendors to produce such content is a desired asset.
- Experience working with and managing multiple vendors and agencies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly creative, with a keen eye for upcoming trends, design, artistic direction, and brand application.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with a keen understanding of social media measurement and reporting.
- Proficiency in social media analytic and listening tools including Meltwater, Hootsuite, Twitter Analytics, Tweet Deck, Facebook Insights, and YouTube Analytics.
- Experience tracking, monitoring and measuring social media data, using native platform insight tools, Google Analytics, and third-party social media analytics tools.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative/Design applications.
- Experience with paid social advertising is an asset (i.e. Google Ads, Facebook Ads).
- Proficiency working with various operating systems.
- Resilient, positive, decisive, collaborative, adaptable, friendly, diplomatic, and open to receiving constructive criticism of creative artwork.
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork and social skills.
- English-French bilingualism is a strong asset.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter, as well as social media handles and creative assets/portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 3, 2019.
The Canada Media Fund welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. The CMF thanks all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.