The CMF is seeking a Digital Analyst for our Toronto office.
Reporting to the Manager of Research, the Digital Analyst is responsible for collecting and analyzing KPIs from all CMF funded digital media projects and from the CMF’s YouTube channel Encore+. With a background in back end analytics and web analytics platforms, the Digital Analyst will provide insights on the performance and consumption of content across all platforms in a rapidly evolving media environment.
What will you be doing?
- Analyses DM performance by developing KPIs, creating reports, and evaluating consumption of CMF-funded DM projects utilizing industry best practices. Coordinates with transmedia analyst the delivery of key reports such as benchmarking & compliance tracking.
- As the DM tagging expert, provides help desk assistance to producers to ensure compliance.
- Maintains tagging infrastructure required for Adobe reporting by validating the implementation for each producer to guarantee the integrity of the collected data. Develops and maintains cataloguing infrastructure of content uploaded to MCN in order to effectively leverage analytics and reporting requirements.
- Develops and compiles dashboards for MCN traffic reporting as contractually required by partners.
- Prepares audience and revenue analysis and data on growth & effectiveness of MCN platform.
- Assists with CMF Performance Envelope calculations and additional research tasks as needed.
What will you bring?
- University degree or college diploma in business, social science or digital analytics or a relevant field, or equivalent education and experience.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset.
- Minimum 1-3 years professional experience in advertising or marketing and digital analytics environment, web analytics, television or marketing research, project management.
- Experience in broadcasting or production an asset.
- Experience in implementing analytics tags for media / production companies (conception of a tagging plan, troubleshooting implementation, data quality control).
- Experience with YouTube Analytics, YouTube Content Manager required.
- Ability to leverage a variety of tools for advance data mining capabilities (SQL, Excel, SPSS).
- Experience with advance data set tools such as Tableau or Power BI to create effective dashboards.
- Basic knowledge of HTML.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Ability to contribute effectively to formal industry discussion groups with external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively collaborate in a team environment.
- High level of attention to detail is required. Ability to distill large volumes of numerical data into salient top-lines and identify issues for further study.
- Curiosity and autonomy are strong assets.
- Occasional work outside of normal office hours when required.
- Occasional travel outside of the usual workplace when required, generally within the Montreal / Ottawa / Toronto corridor.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 6, 2018.
Canada Media Fund welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. The CMF thanks all applicants for their interest in this position. Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.