Digital Content Specialist (bilingual EN/FR)
Are you passionate about the Canadian audiovisual and interactive digital media industries? Do you love creating digital content for multiple platforms? Do you possess strong photo and video editing skills? Would you describe yourself as a social media whiz? Do you have a strong command of written English and French? Are you a pro at navigating Meta, Twitter, and LinkedIn business tools and reporting on social media analytics?
The CMF is seeking a seasoned, creative, and business-savvy Digital Content Specialist to fill a permanent position on our Marketing & Communications team!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications, the successful bilingual (English/French) candidate will create digital content for use across the CMF’s external and internal communications, while also overseeing our social media channels. They will have strong design, videography, and photography skills, a solid understanding of social media strategy and analytics, superior writing skills in both languages, and the drive to create top-quality content that helps shape the CMF’s digital voice.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Strategize, create, and edit digital content (pictures, images, infographics, videos, etc.) for use on the CMF's digital platforms
- Write flawless copy in English and French across different genres—social media posts, video scripts, ads, etc.
- Photography and videography at key events
- Work with the CMF’s creative agencies to develop and guide external content creation
- Coordinate and liaise with other CMF departments to meet their content needs
- Ensure our content creation aligns with our Growth & Inclusion strategy and accessibility best practices, and that it complies with legal, copyright and user/client privacy requirements
- Create content and post regularly in both languages on our corporate CMF social media channels — Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn — ensuring information is accurate, relevant, and timely, while using an authentic tone/voice
- Map out a social media strategy that improves the CMF’s and MADE | NOUS' digital voice and helps raise brand awareness
- Supervise a duo of social media content creators who manage the MADE | NOUS social media pages
- Support the partnerships team on social media — toolkits, celebrating CMF-funded partners and events, etc.
- Maintain an effective social media listening operation
- Liaise with other CMF departments to meet any social media needs
- Provide analytics and reports when needed on all CMF and MADE | NOUS social media channels — annual reports, campaigns, crisis communications, etc.
- Monitor performance and report on KPIs for content initiatives (e.g. post/reach engagement, audience, video views, and conversion rates, among other metrics).
- Identify opportunities and improvements to drive an increase in audience reach and engagement.
- Follow and track the use of social media by equivalent organizations and identify opportunities for cross-industry content promotion, as well as the sharing of lessons, opportunities and best practices.
- Create and manage social media calendars that incorporate all of the organization’s brands, key audience segments and social media channels.
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from a recognized post-secondary institution in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, Media Production, or other similar programs; social media focus is an asset
- Minimum five years’ experience and demonstrated success in content creation and development (videography and photography)
- Demonstrated success in community building and campaign management on current social media platforms
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian entertainment industry, with a focus on television, film, and digital media
- Excellent digital storyteller who is motivated by driving traffic, increasing brand awareness, and social engagement
- Demonstrated ability to produce creative content for digital platforms, including graphics, illustrations, Instagram stories, lives, and/or animated videos; experience managing external vendors to produce such content is an asset
- Experience tracking, monitoring and measuring social media data, using platform insight tools, and third-party social media management tools
- Experience with paid social advertising is a strong asset
- English-French bilingualism
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly creative, with a keen eye for trends, design, artistic direction, and brand application
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with a keen understanding of social media measurement and reporting
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, Adobe Creative (or other common design/editing tools), Google Workspace
- Resilient, positive, decisive, adaptable, friendly, diplomatic, and open to receiving constructive criticism of creative artwork
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork, and social skills
- Works under pressure in a fast-moving, performance-driven environment
- Achieves clear and measured KPIs (determined by executive management)
- Multitasks and prioritizes a demanding workload accordingly
- Provides management with efficient, solution-based advice in a timely and productive manner
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your full application including cover letter and resume to [email protected] before Friday, April 7, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM.
Employment type: Permanent, full-time position (3-month probation). Flexible working hours (35 hours per week / 7 hours per day), with some work outside of normal schedule when required.
Estimated start date: May 1, 2023
Office location: Can be remote within Canada. Occasional travel outside the usual workplace as required (Montreal and/or Toronto CMF offices).