Target Audience: LGBTQ+, Millennial Women, Baby Boomer Women
Avocado Toast is a scripted intergenerational sex comedy exploring the comforts and awk-wardness of sex from age 30 to 69. When it comes to millennials and baby boomers, these nuts haven't fallen so far from the family tree.
At the end of season 1 of Avocado Toast the series, Molly and Elle’s friendship is left hanging in the balance. In season 2, Molly decides to let go of The One to make space for a new romance in her life. Elle suffers a miscarriage and reevaluates her work/life balance and heads to a spir-itual commune, leaving the heavy lifting of her new company to the ambitious Jordan. As the two navigate their new experiences separately, will this female friendship find its way back together?
• Series renewed by OUTtvGo.com for a second season and increased financial
• Season 1 distributed on VOD and SVOD platforms in Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, United Kingdom, English, Spanish and German speaking Europe, Japan, and available globally via Amazon Prime, Apple TV, Google Play, OUTtvGo, TelloFilms, HighBallTV, Pluto TV, Hoopla, OUTfilm Poland, Vimeo, and more!
• Season 1 selected by Air Canada Pride month programming
• Season 1 selected and awarded for multiple international film festivals.
• Season 2 teaser edited, Season 2 bible complete and scripts written.
• Season 1 Trailer launch with over 35,000 views on a single platform (Facebook) in the month of March 2019 as part of Phase 1 Independent Production Fund application.
• Independent Production Fund Producer Bursary Recipient to attend Banff World Me-dia Festival in June 2019.
• Selected by the Independent Production Fund, Bell Fund and Ontario Creates IDM Production Fund for season 1.
• Funding applications for season 2 in process with Ontario Creates IDM Production Fund, Bell Fund and CMF Linear Digital Series program