Call for submissions: CoPro – Tel Aviv
Toronto, March 27, 2018 - The Canada Media Fund (CMF) is partnering up with CoPro, taking place in Tel Aviv, between June 3 and 7, 2018. The CMF is contributing to the creation of a Canadian delegation to participate in this event.
Every year, CoPro conducts a Documentary Screen Market, in order to bring together Israeli documentary filmmakers with producers and television network executives from around the world. The event includes five days of international marketing, pitching forums, panel discussions, workshops lead by world-class professionals, and coproduction talks. The Israel Documentary Screen Market facilitates cultural discourse and dialogue between filmmakers and international media representatives for the development of coproductions.
Inside Out – the track for foreign producers:
For the tenth year running, CoPro offers a framework for foreign filmmakers to present their homegrown initiatives for consideration. Through the “inside Out” track, it offers international projects, including New Media projects, with an Israeli or Jewish thematic connection a chance to pitch in front of Israeli broadcasters, film fund representatives and producers.
The chosen projects will participate in the CoPro Market in Israel.
Please note that the submitted films must be in an advanced editing stage looking for the possibility of completion funding or a pre-buy.
- Chosen projects will be sent to major Israeli broadcasters, film funds, distributors and producers.
- Each producer may submit up to three projects (including new media project).
- Preference is given to filmmakers with experience in international co-production.
- Travel expenses may be eligible for support by domestic federal or provincial agencies.
- Producers will have full access to all CoPro Market events, as well as to viewing Israeli projects for potential collaboration.
- Registration fee of 150 Euros.
Delegation members will be selected according to these parameters:
- Relevance to Israel or Jewish issues, as well as to regional issues.
- International topics which may have a broad interest.
- Quality of proposal.
- Submitted films must already have a secured funding source, such as a broadcaster or a fund.
- Films must be in an advanced editing stage looking for the possibility of completion funding or a pre-buy.
The deadline to apply is April 15, 2018. For Guidelines and submission form click here. Successful projects will be announced in May 2018