How to apply
Through financial support and industry research, we encourage the creation of popular, innovative Canadian content and software applications for current and emerging digital platforms. We support the Canadian television and digital media industries through two funding Streams:
The Experimental Stream encourages the development of innovative, interactive content and leading edge software applications for digital media platforms.
The Convergent Stream supports the creation of convergent television and digital media content which Canadians can enjoy anytime, anywhere.
Step 1: Before you submit your application
- Carefully review the program guidelines and all reference documents.
- Determine whether you are an eligible applicant and whether your project is eligible for funding, according to the eligibility criteria listed in the guidelines and business policies (Appendix A and B).
- Review the PERSONA-ID by Program document to confirm if the program requires you or your team to register to the CMF PERSONA-ID Self-identification system.
- If you have questions about your eligibility or the application process, please contact a regional office of the CMF Program Administrator, Telefilm Canada, for a pre-application consultation.
- Read here to learn more about the CMF’s specific resources for persons with disabilities that need Accessibility Support to apply for CMF funding.
- Please review and make note of the Program Deadlines before applying.
Step 3: After Submitting Your Application
Upon submission, you will receive a confirmation with an application number. For information on the status of your application, please contact the Funding Application office in your region.
- If you’ve applied to a selective program, once the review process for your application has completed, you will receive a letter informing you of our decision. If your project was not approved, the reasons for its rejection will be explained.
- You will need to complete the Dialogue enrolment process for your company before you can proceed to contract. The enrolment process is a very simple two-part process which involves designating an Administrator for your company and validating your company name. You can start this process once you have received a positive decision under a Selective program, or if you applied to an Automatic program, by requesting an Identity Verification via your Member profile in Dialogue. When you have successfully completed the identity verification step, you will then need to request Administrator status and submit your corporate documentation and a Certificate of Authorization. When those documents are validated, your company’s enrolment will be complete. (Note: your company only has to go through the Enrolment process once.)
- If your project is approved, you will receive a contract to sign as soon as all of the conditions stipulated in the letter of acceptance (where applicable) have been fulfilled.
- Once your contract has been signed, complete and submit the applicable Approved Application Documents.