CMF announces season two of Lights, Camera, Inclusion, releases trailer
Toronto and Montreal, October 16, 2023 – The Canada Media Fund (CMF) today released the trailer of the second season of Lights, Camera, Inclusion, a video series by the CMF’s editorial platform Now & Next that focuses on issues related to equity, diversity, and inclusion in the Canadian screen industries.
Titled Transforming the industry, the five-episode second season takes viewers to Vancouver and Montreal, where Now & Next lead editor Gaëlle Essoo talks to industry-leading creators about the inclusive practices they integrate in their work, including meaningful storytelling, representation behind the camera, and teamwork.
Season 2 guests include:
- Shyam Valera and Kashif Pasta, producers and founders of Vancouver-based production company Dunya, which focuses on stories from racialized creators with a global impact.
- Loretta Todd, Doreen Manuel, and Cease Wyss, Indigenous filmmakers, leaders, educators, artists, and three of the four matriarchs behind the IM4 lab.
- Sean Horlor and Steve J. Adams, filmmakers, screenwriters, producers, and founders of Nootka St.
- Producer Eric Idriss-Kanago and director Henri Pardo, the duo behind the Afro Canada docuseries and feature film Kavanal.
- Producers Samuel Gagnon and Bahija Essoussi-Gagnon, co-founders of Montreal-based production company Objectif 9.